GEOINFORMATICS RESEARCH PAPERS, publ. BS3003, doi:10.2205/2015IUGG-RU, 2015
Edited by R. I. Krasnoperov
This Quadrennial Russian National Report was prepared for the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG) on the occasion of the XXVI General Assembly of the IUGG, held in Prague, Czech Republic, on June 22 - July 2, 2015. The report summarizes the results of research carried out in Russia in the fields of Earth sciences during the period 2011-2014. The aim of this National Report is to inform both Russian and international scientific communities about the research progress that has been achieved in the activities of the IUGG Associations in Russia over the last four years. The report was prepared by the National Geophysical Committee of Russia (http://ngc.gcras.ru/).
The National Geophysical Committee of Russia was founded by a governmental decree in August 1954 as the Interdepartmental Committee for preparation and planning of the International Geophysical Year (IGY), which was announced on 1957. This organization was headed by a prominent geophysicist, academician Dr. Grigory Gamburtsev. After his death in 1955 the Committee was headed by the Vice-president of the Academy of Sciences of USSR (AS USSR) academician Dr. Ivan Bardin. In January 1961 on the basis of the Soviet IGY Committee the Interdepartmental Geophysical Committee under the AS USSR Presidium was organized. For nearly 30 years (1961-1990) the Committee was directed by corr. member of RAS Prof. Vladimir Belousov. From 1960 till 1963 Prof. Belousov was in the office of the IUGG President. On the basis of the Interdepartmental Geophysical Committee in June 1992 the National Geophysical Committee of Russia was formed. It operates under the direction of the Earth Sciences Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS). From 1993 till 2004 the Committee was directed by a well-known seismologist, corr. member of RAS Dr. Gennady Sobolev. On 26 December 2006 academician Dr. Alexei Gvishiani was approved by the RAS Presidium as the President of the Committee. The Committee is hosted by the Geophysical Center of RAS (http://www.gcras.ru/).
The National Geophysical Committee is the national representative of the Russian Federation in the IUGG and its Associations.
The Committee consists of the Bureau and eight Sections (according to IUGG Associations).
President: Dr. Alexei D. Gvishiani, academicianVice-President; Section of Cryospheric Sciences Chairman: Dr. Vladimir M. Kotlyakov, academician
• National Report for the International Association of Cryospheric Sciences of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association of Geodesy of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association of Hydrological Sciences of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association for the Physical Sciences of the Oceans of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth's Interior of the IUGG 2011–2014
• National Report for the International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior of the IUGG 2011–2014
Published 18 June 2015.
Citation: Krasnoperov R. I., Ed. (2015), Quadrennial Russian National Report for IUGG: 2011-2014, Geoinf. Res. Papers, 3, BS3003, GCRAS Publ., Moscow, doi:10.2205/2015IUGG-RU
Copyright 2015 by the Geophysical Center RAS.